Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dehumanizing Language

This week, we did research on dehumanizing language. We looked for examples of the language online and in articles. I looked up articles on Hitler and the nazi's. I thought that dehumanizing language would be easy to find from things that Hitler said but I was surprised to find the opposite. In the information I found, he is very careful to not use any type of language that would immediately offend someone. He choose his words carefully for the most part and when I think about, it makes sense. Hitler was a great speaker and extremely persuasive and he could not be that way if he went around being offensive to people. He was careful to reach everyone.

I found it was hard to find a lot of examples of dehumanizing language. Apparently, public speakers are fairly careful to not use this type of language too much.

No comments: