Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cover Letter

The first articles of the bunch I think is a bad article to start with. It seems pretty negative and very scary for a senior about to graduate to read. I think it is good advice but could be written in a more positive aspect but maybe that's the effect that the author was trying to obtain.

The rest of the articles are very useful. They tell you specifically what to do and what not to do. They give examples of exactly what they mean for an effective cover letter. I agree with the points given. The only one I am skeptical of is hand writing a P.S. It just feels unprofessional and not right to hand write anything on a resume or cover letter.

I think the part that was the most useful to me was The Best use of a Cover Letter. It clearly defines what should be in the cover letter and how it will benefit me. The article also tells you the exact format of a cover letter. I thought that the checklist is very useful as well. I think that I was fairly unaware of the cover letter's purpose so it was a very useful website for me to look over.

No comments: